Nutrition Care Coordinator
Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:Qualified individual who supports enteral nutrition patients by coordinating the provision of formula and supplies in an accurate and timely basis. Maintains a cohesive relationship with all related nutrition staff to maximize the effectiveness of the nutrition program.
- Performs monthly monitoring of enteral nutrition patients including review of supply inventory by completing the Enteral Log (FR-Nutr-110) and reports any problems or non-compliance to the appropriate staff member.
- Coordinates scheduling and delivery of supplies by placing orders in McKesson or other distributor(s), prints delivery tickets and all other steps involved in the process.
- Provides patients with supplies within guidelines established and promotes formulary conversion where indicated.
- Communicates with Pump Coordinator on feeding pump needs, problems, issues and helps ensure accurate tracking of nutrition therapy equipment.
- Schedules enteral pump swaps for yearly maintenance as required by ACHC and as needed and contacts patients at conclusion of therapy to arrange for equipment pick up.
- Maintains current enteral orders, tracks expiration dates and contacts physician/physician offices for new/updated orders as appropriate.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient information.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in organizing information and communication with the public
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and able to work effectively in multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Basic competency with Microsoft Office software
Travel Requirements, if required: None
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs):
- Experience in enteral nutrition
- Experience ordering products and coordinating deliveries
- Knowledge of medical records, reimbursement and/or nutrition
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Posted: Aug 02, 2021
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security